Retail & Food Service
Sea Bass has a mild, fresh, somewhat delicate flavor and tender but firm texture. Uncooked flesh should be sparkling white and translucent. Channel Seafoods International offers frozen Sea Bass, Whole, Scaled and Gutted in excellent condition. Our Sea Bass products are individually vacuumed packed (IVP). The seasonality is all year around. It is wild caught, using the gillnetting, purse seining, and trawling methods. There are a variety of cooking methods for Sea Bass: baking, broiling, frying, sautéing
FOR SAUTÉING AND BROILING APPLICATIONS:
DO NOT THAW THIS PRODUCT COMPLETELY BEFORE COOKING.
COOK FROM FROZEN OR PARTIALLY FROZEN STATE.
Sea Bass can be served with a salad, any vegetables, potatoes, and rice.
Defrost before cooking. To defrost product, keep in refrigerator overnight, or place under cold running water.
Keep product frozen until ready to use. Do not refreeze product.
Recipe: Oven Roasted Whole Branzino
For the Fish:
- 4 branzino (cleaned, scaled and gutted)
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 8 mini cherry tomatoes
- 2 lemons (cup rondelles)
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the Potatoes:
- 1 lb. white potatoes
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- micro greens
- lemon rounds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Season the fish with salt and rub with olive oil inside and out. Stuff the fish with 1 tablespoon of capers, 2 cherry tomatoes that have been halved, 2 garlic cloves and 2 lemon rounds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix potatoes with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the potatoes to a large roasting pan and try to spread them into 1 layer. Top with the bay leaves. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, after flip with a spatula to ensure even browning and roast for another 20 minutes.
- Place the fish on top of the potatoes and roast for 20 – 30 minutes or until the fish is a nice golden color, the flesh is done (check with a fork in the middle of the fish) but still juicy.
- When ready transfer to a serving plate and garnish with lemon rounds, fresh basil and micro greens.