Retail & Food Service
Golden Pompano has a very mild taste with a light texture. The meat has a white to pinkish-white color. Channel Seafoods International offers frozen bones in, skin on, and tail on whole fish in excellent condition. Our Golden Pompano products are individually wrapped packed (IWP). The seasonality is year-round. It is farm-raised, using the pond farming method. There are a variety of cooking methods for Golden Pompano: Deep Frying, Grilling, Sautéing.
Golden Pompano can be served with potatoes, side salad, or steamed vegetables.
Defrost before cooking. To defrost product, keep in refrigerator overnight, or place under cold running water.
Keep product frozen until ready to use. Do not refreeze product.
Recipe: Fried Golden Pompano
- 1 (about 2 lb.) Pompano clean and gutted
- 1 lemon cut in half
- ½ tbsp. kosher salt
- 1½ cup canola oil
- Make diagonal cuts on both side of Pompano.
- Squeeze the lemon on both side of fish.
- Sprinkle the salt all over the fish. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan.
- Put the fish when the oil is hot, fry each side till it is golden brown or it is crispy about 8 minutes.
- Turn the fish to cook the other side.
- Remove from the pan, let the oil drain on plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dip.